Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Seito Matsumura Friends In Italy, Europe!



Giuseppe Meloni Shihan, Myself and 3 of his Senior Students- Aldo, Marco & Mauro Senpai.




I am just back from my family's holiday in Italy, I had been invited to visit to the Bushido Academy (in Milan, Italy) to meet and train with Giuseppe Sensei, a Senior Student of the late Nishihira Sensei.

We arranged to meet at 8.30am on Sunday 25th May, Giuseppe Sensei and Mari very kindly drove over an hour to pick me up.

From our first handshake I was welcomed and treated like an old friend, we arrived at the dojo where we trained for several hours, I was invited to lead training and after a couple of hours Giuseppe Sensei did the same, we covered kata, worked Nishihira Sensei Kumite drills, some Kobudo kata and Kumite, some Tegumi concepts and bunkai from the Pinan Kata as I work it.

The standard of karate at the Bushido Academy was extremely high. We also adopted an 'open' dojo in relation to filming, so I have more video to help me along in my research of the system.

After a good workout I was honoured with some gifts and we all went to lunch at a local (and excellent Chinese eatery), I was treated to lunch, and then dropped off back to my family.

Many aspects of Nishihira Sensei karate was discussed and demonstrated throughout the day.

My sincere thanks go to Giuseppe Sensei and his students, I really do look forward to further training with the group both in Italy and England, UK.
Ciao !

Jim


No comments: