Thursday, October 30, 2008

Talking................Training


I have recently been thinking about the different types of people who train martial arts (scary.....) and possibly the reasons why (scary as well!).
One of the traits I have noticed over the years is there are generally three 'types' of people who train, those who talk alot when they should be training, those who train to much, and should have a chat now and again and those who find a nice balance between the 2.
Clearly there is no rights or wrongs here, I proberly talk and train to much for most peoples tastes! But my point is at least I do indeed train alot...............
My general view is that most of us talk to much in training time, there is time in the pub after dojo time to go into real detail or off at real tangents, obviously the nature of karate does mean we talk during training, but lets try and make it relevant to the training!
This way we get more useful work done, and everyone moves forward.
Jim

No comments: